I was born and grew up in northern Norway, in the very small town of Brønnøysund. I now live in a little larger town, together with my beautiful Cecilie and our two lovely daughters.
I have been drawing for as long as I can remember. I began doing computer graphics when our family bought a Commodore 64 in 1985. Some years later we got an Amiga, and later on a PC. By that time I was also doing 3D graphics.
Some of my illustration work caught the attention of a computer games company. And in 1994 I started working professionaly with computer graphics. I spent six years in video games, before I moved into animated movies. That's where I am now.
When I'm not sitting in front of the computer screen, I try to get some sleep.
I don't eat fish.
Tel: +47 99577053
I haven't had time to update my resume for years. Please check out my gallery to view my latest work.
Self-employed 3D generalist at superrune
(March 2008 to today)
- VFX on the feature film 'The Troll Hunter', for Filmkameratene.
- Design and animation on 'TV2 Summer' bumpers, for TV2.
- VFX on the feature film Rottenetter, directed by Arild Østin Ommundsen, produced by Paradox.
- Character design and animation on Platekompaniet commercial, for Anti Design.
- Co-direction on Stratos commercial, produced by Qvisten Animation.
- Direction on Tisu game cinematics, for Ablemagic Games.
- Illustrations for NTNU, for Commando Group
- Cover illustration for 'Limited Edition' book on design furniture, for Rinzen.
Animation Director and Head of 3D at Toxic
(March 2002 to February 2008)
Responsibilities include directing character animation jobs that enter Toxic, overseeing 3D projects at the company through conceptualization, pre-planning and time budgets, researching new 3D techniques and styles of design, reviewing 3D artist applications, and representing the company through lectures.
- Direction on Pixelpark commercial, for Pixelpark AG.
- Design and animation on Arne & Carlos virtual catwalk, for Bleed Design.
- Animations for the launch of the 'Ormen Lange' gas pipe, for Hydro.
- On-set VFX supervisor for the feature film 'Fritt Vilt', directed by Roar Uthaug.
- Cover illustrations for 'My Italian Greyhound' by Bertine Zetlitz, for EMI Music Norway.
- Visual effects for the feature film 'Den Brysomme Mannen', directed by Jens Lien.
- Storyboarding, Concept Art and 3D, Visual and Animation Direction for Christmas 'Nisse' Bumpers for TV2.
- Art Direction and 3D for Adam & Eva poster campaign, Flymaskin.
- Direction and 3D for 'Europride 2005' commercial, for Kitchen/McCann agency.
- Direction and 3D for 'Mobilvett' Cinema Infomercials, for FILM&KINO.
- 3D and Visual Effects on Lotto 'Mars' commercial, for Try agency.
- Visual effects for the motion picture 'Monstertorsdag', directed by Arild Østin Ommundsen, produced by MUZ Film.
- Direction, 3D modeling, rigging and animation on Tvillingforeldreforeningen commercials, for Dinamo agency.
- 3D animation for the short film 'Bjørno og Bingo', directed by Sabine Ravn.
- Concept artwork on 'Zathura' feature film, for Zwart Arbeid/Motion Blur CA.
- Effects work on 'The One That Got Away' J.A.G. TV Series, for MilneFX (season 9, ep 4).
- 3D animation, effects and compositing on 20 'Magic Nature' bumpers, for TV2.
- 3D animation on Pepsi Twist Light commercial, for PepsiCo and Ringnes.
- 3D animation on 'Oslo International Film Festival 2002' bumper, for Superstar.
- Animation and Video for dance performance 'B For Body', directed by Trine Saltermark.
- Design, 3D and Visual Effects on 'Rim' commercial, for Hei Agency/Ringnes.
- Direction and 3D on 'Pepsi Twist' commercial, for PepsiCo and Ringnes.
Self-employed 3D generalist at superrune
(March 1999 to February 2002)
- 3D animation on feature film 'Save Jimmy', directed by Kristoffer Nielsen and produced by Animagicnet.
- 3D supervising, modeling and compositing on Kaada music video 'No You Don't', for Toxic/EMI Music.
- 3D animation on 'Farris God Jul' commercial, for Ringnes/Toxic/D'arcy
- Concept and 3D animation on 'Den Store Kinodagen 2001', for TV3 and AKDesign.
- 3D animation on By:Larm video projections.
- Concept and 3D animation on vignette for the '10th Oslo International Film Festival', for Superstar.
- Concept development, 3D animation and effects work on 'Pressbyrån' film commercial for Qvisten Animation.
- 3D animation and video for dance performance 'Kugalskap', directed by Trine Saltermark.
- Illustrations and video for Poetikon.
- Concept and 3D animation on vignette, for Norsk Filmreklame.
- Concept and 3D animation on Solan test, for Filmkameratene.
- Design and 3D animation on 'Robotiger' music video concept, for Stereo Recording.
- 3D modeling and animation on 'Joakim og Mika', for Ascehoug publishing.
Senior 3D Artist/Art Director at Innerloop Studios
(1996 to 1999)
Co-founder and partner. Responsibilites include designing the company profile, overseeing the design and visual style of in-house games, reviewing graphic artist applications, and working as a lead artist.
- Animator and Modeler on 'Extreme Sports', released by Sega in 2000.
- Lead Artist on 'Joint Strike Fighter', released by Eidos in 1998.
Lead 3D Artist at Funcom
(1994 to 1996)
Appointed the title of 3D Mentor in 1996.
- Concept development for 'Ivy League', yet unpublished title.
- Lead Artist on 'Winter Gold' (US title: 'FX Skiing'), released by Nintendo in 1996.
- Concept development for 'Deadly Skies', released by JVC in 1997.
- Jury member of 'Visuelt 2014' design competition.
- Jury member of 'Visuelt 2006' design competition.
- Founder and Administrator of 'Det Store Dyret', the largest creative discussion forum in Norway.
- Consulting for national and international 3D/VFX companies.
- Mentor at 'Trafo', giving feedback to young creatives between 16 and 22.
- Co-wrote, directed and edited three short films with the theatre ensemble Saftkrukka. Two involved special effects.
- Co-wrote and had several roles in two parody radio-series, 'Terråk Peaks' (1992) and 'Frøkenoswatch' (1993)
- Worked as a freelance radio host at the local radiostation in Brønnøysund (from 1991 to 1994).
All the images on this website are (c) copyrighted SuperRune and their respective owners. Any use of the materials on this site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited. If you want to use any of these images for promotional or editorial reasons, please contact me.