Super Simple Rig Release History
Super Simple Rig v1.4.17 - 11 Nov 2019
- Pro: Fixed occasional bugs when saving keyframes.
- Replace Asset now works again.
- Attribute Holder type is now an option. PEN_Attribute_Holder is no longer needed for installing SSR.
- Fixed bug when switching IK on left leg.
- Added undo to changing rig height and zeroing attributes.
- Removed dependency of Null object on most of the morph functions.
- Added angle slider for face rig (for controlling eyelids).
- Morph sliders now share controllers with main control object.
- Pro: Fixed a nasty bug where the animation loader would clear the entire range no matter what range you loaded.
- Pro: Fixes a bug where the animation loader wouldn´t load the first and last frame in the range.
- Removed some duplicate object names created by the rig.
- Pro: Added function to load character clips onto different character.
- Redesigned icons.
- Pro: New window, Shot Tools. Simple shot management is here!
- Pro: New window, Track Tools. Tools for editing and fixing tracks and keyframes. Still WIP.
- Compatibility with 3ds Max 2019 and 2020.
- Improved halfBone function.
- Minor compatibility improvements with earlier rigs.
- Fixed minor transform issues with face controllers.
- Fixed error message when cleaning locator lines.
- Pro: Shot Tools: Added handle frames option.
- Pro: Shot Tools: Initial support for floating viewports.
- Pro: Shot Tools: Removed error message in scene with no valid cameras.
- Pro: Shot Tools: Added tooltips to some buttons that needed explaining.
- Pro: Shot Tools: Pointcache can optionally export entire timeline or separate shots.
- Clicking logo opens the Super Simple Rig webpage.
- More robust attachment of extra bodyparts.
- Spline-IK spine no longer has locked transform on controllers.
- Character height is correctly set when loading rig.
Super Simple Rig v1.4 - 4 Mar 2016
- Added finger posing sliders.
- Added pose tween slider.
- Solved scaling of stretchy limbs. Entire rig is now scalable.
- Added finger and toe up direction locators for easier setting rotation direction.
- Single joint setup functions now have correct angle sliders.
- Finger and toe bend and curl are now angle spinners. This breaks backwards compatibility on digits!
- Added warning if IK bones have different lengths.
- Stricter name-check when keying and zeroing all controllers.
- Fixed error when saving rig that had orphaned lines.
- Pre Flight Check selects problem vertices.
- Rig connect is no longer part of root rig, but a separate function.
- Spine rigs no longer create unparented and loose objects.
- Setting rig name to empty makes the name bounce back to "Jack".
- If found, rig creation stores scene file version into root controller user properties.
- FK/IK switch now has undo.
- New workaround for occasional flipped finger bones rotations.
- Pro: More robust search for clip directories.
- Pro: More robust loading of clip animation.
- Pro: Added animal leg support to rig builder.
- Pro: Axis fixes for animal leg twist bones.
- Pro: Added translate attributes to animal front legs.
- Pro: Animal legs get their build options from regular arm and leg options.
- Pro: Added animal presets for deer, falcon and wolf.
Super Simple Rig v1.3.1 - 5 Jan 2015
- Rigging process can optionally auto-apply saved skinning.
- Skinning geometry is unfrozen before re-skinning.
- More robust name checking when connecting extra bodyparts.
Super Simple Rig v1.3 - 22 Dec 2014
- Save and load of skinning on rig.
- New shape for head controller.
- Alignment planes for finger locators.
- Improved calculation of finger joint up vectors.
- Easier setup for creation and extension of extra limbs.
- Debug/verbose option in GUI.
- Simple IK leg fixed.
- More stable rig deletion.
- Removed scale controls on root controller.
Super Simple Rig v1.2 - 5 Apr 2014
- Rig locators will scale as GUI height setting is changed.
- Fixed issues with the creation of different sized rigs.
- Big one: Rotations are now in angles, not in radians. Thanks for Harry Houghton for this!
- Rig height is fetched from locators when opening builder window.
- Extra appendages use doPart struct system.
Super Simple Rig v1.1 - 12 Dec 2013
- Rig position locators are now drawn on top of the scene.
- Function to rename rig.
- Added un-install option to installer.
- Fixed a bunch of erroneous button right-click calls in the selector.
- Selector keyAll will now work even if Auto Key is off.
- Character select window will try to remember the last selected character.
- Eye control is created separately.
- GUI settings are stored in locator root when building rig.
- New FK-IK leg and arm with stretchy bones.
- Stretchy spine.
- Pro: Save Load should be able to load a single character.
- Pro: Simplified (and improved) saving and loading of clip animation.
Super Simple Rig v1.0.1 - 6 Mar 2013
- The rename character error message should really really be fixed now.
- Right click clear lines and delete locators to operate on all characters.
Super Simple Rig v1.0 - 4 Mar 2013
- Fixed error message when naming character without locator layer.
- Controllers are created with 2 shape steps as default.
- Will pop up an error window if rig button is pressed with no locators present.
- Locators and bone fins are scaled to rig height. Different sized rigs should look better.
Super Simple Rig v0.9.9 pre-release - 4 Mar 2013
- First public release.
- Old spline-IK now connects to newer FK-IK arms.
- Locator root auto-updated if charName is changed - it is possible to create multiple rigs in one file.
- Improved look of all locator preset files.
- Animal leg and extras are no longer part of regular install.
- Renaming character also renames locator layer.
- Added button to straighten foot locators.